Monday, January 19, 2009

Smithsonian: Barro Colorado

Wow. I am sooo behind on our Panama adventures. I will start with the longest ago that I didn't already blog about. blog blog blog

Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute: Barro Colorado

We were invited to go to STRI (^) on Thursday, Jan 8. We took a boat out to Barro Colorado and had dinner in their cafeteria (which had surprisingly really good food) and then attended a lecture on ....god, I wish I could tell you. If you're confused on why I don't know, this is what the board looked like:



But anyway, I'm sure it was really interesting for the researchers that stay on that island. It seems like a very cool place, but we only went at night. Though I did see some large toads.



I'm still awaiting my encounter with a sloth.

I'm going to make a new entry

No comments:

Post a Comment